- Companies qualifying for admission to HTDC's Tech Center or Virtual Incubation Program at MIC or MRTC must have:
- A new or emerging registered Hawaii business with a technology based-product or service. Preference is given to companies with leading edge technologies, products, or innovations that are being developed. Product should be technically feasible with acceptable risk.
- Key personnel with sufficient knowledge to maintain and advance the technology, and have a real commitment to making the enterprise successful.
- A reasonable likelihood for company growth that will lead to the creation of a significant number of jobs in Hawaii.
- Legal rights to its technology.
- Evidence of a clear market opportunity or niche for product.
- Sufficient financial resources to sustain itself though the incubation period or the means to obtain such resources.
- Space requirements of no more than 3,200 square feet (if applying for office space).
- Consultants do not qualify.
The admission process includes the following components:
- Mailed submission of a completed and signed application form (click to download form ) with business plan and financials (balance sheets, profit & loss statement, including pro forma statement) for review.
- A personal interview with the High Technology Development Corporation's review committee.
- Due diligence (may include personal and/or company financial statements, as well as bank, trade reference, and credit checks).
For questions regarding the Tech Center Program, Virtual Incubation Program or the application process or criteria, please contact:
Thelma Alane, Innovation Program Manager
High Technology Development Corporation
2800 Woodlawn Drive, Suite 100
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: (808) 539-3647
Fax: (808) 539-3795