Notice of Public Hearing
Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism
High Technology Development Corporation
Proposed Amendment to Administrative Rules
Relating to Small Business Innovation Research Grant Program
Pursuant to Chapter 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS), the High Technology Development Corporation (HTDC), Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, will hold a public hearing on proposed amendments to Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 15-32, “Hawaii Small Business Innovation Research Grant Program.”
Summary of proposed amendments:
(1) Add Small Business Technology Transfer federal awardees as eligible to apply for the Small Business Innovation Research matching grant.
(2) Modify the matching grant award ceiling to 50% of the federal award.
(3) Expand use of program funds to include (up to) $3,000 grants for the purpose of preparing competitive SBIR and STTR Phase I proposals.
(4) Delete reference to HRS section 42-2 (repealed and replaced with Chapter 42F); incorporate qualifying standards of Chapter 42F.
(5) Clarify procedures for making grant awards and determining grant preference in accordance with HRS section 206M-15.
A public information meeting will start at 9:00 A.M., followed by the public
Oahu: Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 at 9:00 A.M.; Manoa Innovation Center, Presentation Room #173,
2800 Woodlawn Drive, Honolulu, HI 96822
All interested persons are urged to attend the public hearing to provide testimony. Persons unable to attend or wishing to present additional comments, may e-mail comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or postmark written testimony by Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 to: HTDC, Hawaii SBIR Rules, 2800 Woodlawn Drive #100, Honolulu, HI 96822.
The proposed rule change packet is available on-line at here. Copies for public review are available during business hours Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm, at HTDC, 2800 Woodlawn Drive, #100, Honolulu, HI 96822. Interested persons may make written requests for a mailed copy by indicating mailing address in correspondence sent to the HTDC address above. Cost is $5 which includes copying and postage.
Any person requiring a special accommodation (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) should make a request by emailing email@example.com or writing to the HTDC address in the preceding paragraph or by calling 589-3845. The request will need to be received at least 7 days before the hearing date.
Assumpta Rapoza, HTDC Chairperson
PUBLICATION DATE: Friday, June 15th, 2012
CONTACT PERSONS: Russell Au or Sandra Park
PHONE: 539-3845 or 539-3794
HIGH TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION